Apache HTTP Server consistently dominates over 50% of the market share for internet-facing web servers. So it's vital for systems administrators, IT specialists, managers, and developers to have a comprehensive understanding of how to install, configure, and fine tune an Apache HTTP Server.
This course gives you a deep understanding of how Apache HTTP Server operates and what it's capable of doing. You will learn:
- How to build a secure, finely-tuned, and high-performance Apache installation.
- What key Apache modules are available and how they are installed and configured to improve your websites.
- Common dangerous web server attacks and how to protect against them.
- How to monitor your website through logging and monitoring tools.
This course is designed for systems administrators, consultants, IT specialists, and small business owners who need to set up web servers. This course also benefits internet service providers that provide web hosting services.?Technical managers and web developers will also gain valuable insight into what Apache can do and how to configure web servers.
Knowing how to run commands from the command line or terminal window is?helpful. No programming or shell-scripting knowledge is required for this course.
Note: After you have purchased your online training course, you will receive an email detailing the registration process. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Build a secure, fully-functional, highly-tuned Apache installation.
- Select, install, and configure Apache modules.
- Set up Apache for load balancing and caching.
- Configure Apache to handle virtual hosts, header rewriting, and proxying for back-end services.
- Lock down the Apache installation using advanced security features and SSL certificates.
- Monitor and tune your Apache installation.
This online class provides instructor-led, two-hour long lectures coupled with practical examples and student exercises. For labs, this course provides a virtual machine, constructed using VirtualBox and Vagrant. Following the course, students are free to continue to use the virtual machine to revisit labs.
You will be given a participant course guide, to help you follow along with the lectures and exercises.
This class can be also delivered by an instructor on site.
Registration, Terms, and Conditions
4, 6, 11, 13, 18 & 20